Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Free Time

*sniff sniff* What's that I smell? Could it be... is it possibly...why yes! It is freedom! As of May 6, I had my last spring semester class for this year. No more homework until August. It just so happens that I am also on seasonal layoff from work until June 15. This all means that I have just a little over four more weeks of FREE TIME.

So how do I plan to use said free time? Let me count the ways...

  • Put together Jun's quilt top
  • Finish Momma's afghan (this should be done in the next day or two!)
  • Rearrange my living room
  • Deep clean my bedroom
  • Put together the exercise bike that has been staring at me from the box for about 2 months now
  • Ride said exercise bike--a lot
  • Do a complete revamp of my front yard (right now it looks like Sanford & Son live here)
  • Begin a brand new blog geared toward teachers and teachers-in-training (details to come)
  • Teach myself blog layout design
  • Spend more time cooking for my kids while I have the time
Wow. Just seeing that list makes me wonder why I'm sitting at my desk. And speaking of cooking, I am trying out two new recipes tonight. One of them, Swiss Stuffing Chicken, came from Kelly's Korner Recipes. Kelly has a new baby, Harper, and manages to keep up a gorgeous home and three blogs! I love to read her daily posts.

While we're on the subject of blogs, I have to mention Becky from Smithellaneous and Sarah's Spot. I am a LONG-time lurker of Sarah's blog, often weeping over Becky's entries about Sarah's battle against cancer. (If you've never read about this amazing young Princess Groovy Chick, may I suggest you do so??) Anyway, Becky had a contest the other day to see who would sign the guestbook closest to the 1.6 million visitor mark and I won! She's sending me a CD that she and her husband recorded and I can't wait to hear it. Thanks Becky!

Back to the recipes--the other recipe came from Kraft Food & Family magazine. It's called Skillet Potatoes with Bacon and Cheddar. I just checked the potatoes and I may have sliced them a little too thin because they got a little mushy. Ack. The recipe calls for Yukon Gold potatoes and I've never used them before. I think I would have preferred good-ole Russets.

Well, I'm off to make use of some of my newly-acquired free time! Dinner, Lost, and crochet!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com