Saturday, January 24, 2009

In Over My Head?

I have now been attending classes full time at Mars Hill for a little over two years. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have felt completely overwhelmed. I can't say whether it is due to the intense nature of the two full-term online classes I am taking in addition to two short-term in-class courses I have, or if it is due to the winter depression I fall into each year. Either way, I am struggling at this point. I have no doubt I can pull it off--it's just going to really take more effort than I have ever had to produce. I have begun to really attempt some organization throughout my work. From weekly overviews to daily to-do lists, I am trying to stay on top of the work. It is my hope to stay at least a half-step ahead to avoid getting caught up in last minute struggles. We shall see.

On a lighter note, our water was restored late last night. Thus came the commotion of some heavy-duty cleaning lasting late into the night...or morning, really. As I sat in a tub FULL of suds this morning, it occurred to me that I may never again take bathing for granted. Or dish washing. Or toilet flushing. Well, you get the picture. Indoor plumbing is awesome.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com