Monday, January 19, 2009

Positively Blessed

Oh my Lord...I have been so negative for the last few weeks. I have been in such a depressed mood and it seems that not a lot is going right. Winter is such a hard time for me. Though the snow and ice can be beautiful, it is not conducive to my mental well being.

Mammaw G. was put in the hospital last Sunday and has since been moved to Asheville. What we thought was going to be her biggest obstacle has turned out to be at the bottom of the worry list. She suffered a stroke Wednesday morning. Wednesday night, the neurosurgeon removed one blood clot from her brain. There is another remaining clot which cannot be reached at this time. The days and weeks to follow will reveal the full extent of the damage done to her brain. HOWEVER, she is breathing on her own and the physical therapy department has been working her pretty hard. There is always reason for praise.

Our water has been frozen since Wednesday night. I am sick of not being able to flush the toilet. Despite bringing in jugs of water to do what we can, the bathrooms are starting to become negatively odoriferous. Here's hoping that the temperature will rise drastically in the next day or so. Reality says that this won't happen though--it's supposed to snow Monday and Tuesday. Ah well... it could be worse.

In all reality, I know in my heart that my troubles are SMALL. I have decided that I must look past the negative and try to focus on the positive, because I really am positively blessed.

Oh, and one last random thought. I want to try yoga. We can all use some focus.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com