Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Year Thus Far

Wow. What a difference two months make. I kind of abandoned this-here blog in the wake of a crazy, tragic, special, heartbreaking, beautiful span of time. Time that I would not want to go through again, but that I wouldn't give up for anything.


In January, my grandmother (Mammaw Gladys) was admitted to the hospital with what seemed to be a bad infection. By February 12, I was sitting near Mammaw's bed as she left this life for a better one. The story behind it is long and painful; I do no like to visit that time in my mind just yet. However, I would not have missed the last five days that I spent with her for anything else in this world.

April 2, my daughter was on her way to school when she pulled out in front of a GMC Jimmy. His car struck her directly in the driver's side door.

Our car was folded up and she was pinned inside.


She came home from the hospital that same night with a few stitches, some bad bruising, and a good bit of pain. No broken bones. She walked away.

Proof that God is good.


My crazy school term is almost over. Thank you God. I have never struggled so much in school. I will never purposefully put myself in such a tight spot again. I have just a few more weeks to go and then it is vacation time. I'm out of work until June 15, so once school is over I will have a good 5 weeks of not worrying about work or school. I plan to work on a quilt for Jun. It will be my first and I am excited.

For now, though, it is back to the books.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com